Thursday, December 30, 2004

Rest in peace Grandma

Today My grandma past a way at the age of 100 years. She was the raw model of a granny in all it’s meanings. I still remember when she used to visit us in my parents house, I used to wake up very early so I can sit with her alone and listen to her old stories, I liked them very much. She used to knit almost all my blouses and jackets when I was young, her hands work was a piece of art.
We will miss you Granny, and we will never forget you. For us you did not die, we can see your fruitage everywhere we turn around. you were great in everything.
She lived in Mousl most of her life, and she died there. The last few years she was very weak and unable to walk, and she became almost unconscious the last two years. The bad situation in Mousl made even the funeral something impossible. my father was very sad today, he said I’m not only sad for the death of my mother, but also for not attending my mother’s funeral. the road is very unsafe, there was fighting between the Americans and the insurgents in Mousl and the road between Baghdad and Mousl. Today my sister who lives in Mousle called me and told me that my father and his brothers who lives in Baghdad should never think of coming at all.
What really makes me nervous, is that they could not even take her to rest in her last place by car, because there was a curfew and there were tanks standing in their street. so they carried the coffin and walked to the cemetery, of course very few people went to the cemetery that way, only her close relatives, most of them were her children and grand children (she has 8 sons and a daughter, only three of them could take her to the cemetery). there was news that there was fighting close to them and they were lucky to stay safe and return back home, the phone line is not working between Mousle and Baghdad, but they were able to call us only from mobile and with one direction, I mean they only can make the calls not us. we are waiting for their calls now to see if they were all O.K.



19 Comments:

Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hi Rose,

Some cultures (the Irish and Jamaicans for example) have a tradition where they hold an all-night party the night before the funeral to celebrate the life the person led on Earth. The Irish call this party a "wake", and the Jamaicans call it a "set-up", and I think there are other cultures that do this sort of thing also. For someone who lived as long as 100 years old, the party in those places would be quite large, since living that long is a major accomplishment and is something to celebrate.

We all die eventually, so death in itself should not be something to be sad about, especially for someone who has lived such a long and fruitful life as your grandmother. And, if your religious faith is strong, you shouldn't be too concerned about it, since you know she is in a better place, and that you will probably get to see her again in another sixty or seventy years when you go there too.

I will include your grandmother in my prayers tonight, asking God to have mercy on her and to look after her until you get to see her again.

Shawn.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Dancewater said...

Rose, I am very sorry to hear of your grandmother's death and very sorry that the family could not attend the funeral due to the lack of security there. This is not right, and I hope the situation improves soon.

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. I'm sure she is at peace.

11:32 PM  
Blogger neurotic_wife said...

Il baqaa' fee 7ayatich Rose, kul il 3umur ilkum inshallah....My condolences to you and your family. Its not easy losing someone so special, they may not be around physically but am sure that she will always be there watching over you and your family. "fahum ahya'un 3inda rabihim yurza8oon"

Take care Rose...

4:12 AM  
Blogger The eye said...

Great blog! - Working from home can be very rewarding. Your blog talks about work at home jobs and and is very informative. Everyone should have a work at home jobs business in order to secure their future finances.

12:32 PM  
Blogger QcynqSWG said...

Enjoyed your blog! I have bookmarked it.
infants

11:11 PM  
Blogger The eye said...

The statistics on cancer including cancer stomach symptom are quite frightening. I liked the information in your blog that also included for cancer stomach symptom. One day everyone will be able to win the fight agaianst cancer but I fear that it will not be in my lifetime.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Danny White said...

Nice blog! I have a free construction lead site I thought you and your visitors might like.

Click on free construction lead to check it out. free construction lead

9:53 PM  
Blogger 夜之剑 said...

Hey, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a gift registry site. It pretty much covers gift registryrelated stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)

7:11 AM  
Blogger sdRay said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love 2005 truck show then you will want to be there! All kinds of 2005 truck show will be in attendance. For more information go to 2005 truck show
See Ya There!!

12:24 AM  
Blogger WebsiteHosting1.com said...

**eLearning**

11:04 AM  
Blogger Editor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a uterine cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought I would check out your blog.

I have a canadian web hosting site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

8:26 AM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi rose, If you would like to send your ad to the best opportunity seekers please click here safelist blaster.
http://www.submitterbizz.com
safelist blaster

6:46 PM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi rose, If you would like to send your ad to the best opportunity seekers please click here multi-safelist blaster.
http://www.submitterbizz.com
multi-safelist blaster

7:30 PM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi rose, If you would like to send your ad to the best opportunity seekers please click here website promotion.
http://www.submitterbizz.com
website promotion

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just created a free online dating site without any membership fees, please check it out and let me how know how you like it.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap web hosting should not only be reliable and fast. It should guarantee its uptime, which refers to the percentage of the time your website is accessible and can be seen in the Word Wide Web. The minimum uptime should be 99 %. In fact even 99 % seems to be too low. It really should be 99.5 % or higher. It helps to reach for an example your customers satisfaction, your needs and to enjoy financial freedom.

3:19 AM  
Blogger flavia coffee said...

may God bless her i'm so sorry about that. Cancer is very suck

10:45 AM  
Blogger eibanez.ernesto@gmail.com said...

Excellent blog, Congrats to the Web Master, nice colors and text.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. God bless you.

Cherry Marmalade Recipe

Great post. Thanks for sharing!!!!Geetings from Venezuela.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home