Tuesday, December 28, 2004

My wishes for the new year 2005

We haven’t decided how to celebrate the new year, I even don’t have the spirit to celebrate at all because I’m not sure if the new year will be a good year for us so it deserves to celebrate or not.
According to the security situation we have, I don’t think we can have a party till more than 8 or 9 pm at max. and of course the fuel problem we have for more than 2 months makes many people unable to come. my sister in law who lives near our house suggested to make a small party between 3-6 pm, I told her WHAT? new year party at afternoon!!!!. my husband comes from his work at 4 pm. but maybe we will have it at this time anyway. better than nothing, but I don’t think it will be in my house, I’m not ready for the mess, besides there will be so many children which means so many damage to the house. I told my husband that we can stay at home, prepare special dinner but with NO candles since I had enough from candles. when I was a young girl I loved to eat on candles light, especially with the special occasions like my parents wedding anniversary and birthday parties. when I got married I had the chance to celebrate few of our occasions with candles. but this time I never will. we are living most of our day with no electricity so we always have romantic atmosphere. maybe the electricity is O.k. but the government want us to live in a romantic way. maybe they should check the birth rate to see if they succeed or not :).
So I make my first wish for the new year is to celebrate the next new year (I mean 2006) with candles.
I still did not check my lists for wishes, I have many like other Iraqis who wishe for peace, elect., fuel, mobile phone that you can use when you need them and all the standards of living that many of you do not know their values yet. sometimes I hope all this, is a part of a dream and one day I will wake up and discover the real life, or sometimes I wish It is a part of hits squad camera or part of a movie like the film ( the true man show) by Jim Carry.
So my second wish for this year is to wake up from my dreams, or the hit squad stop their acting, because it is not funny.
My third wish is to be a bird !!!. Yes I want to be a bird so I can fly freely to any country I want with no need to visa, or have a nationality that ruined my life and all my plans. It’s like a curse, during Saddam’s days we were not able to have visa, O.k we understand why, but now we don’t have Saddam and we still can’t have visa, is this Saddam curse or what? I’m not hating to be an Iraqi at all, I’m very proud to be.

My fourth wish is to be on the top of the world, It has nothing to do with the situation, but I like a movie that I saw when I was a little girl, and all I remember from it, is nice view as it is the top of the world. but the bad thing in it, is that the movie star died when she reached that point. I think I will delete this wish from the list. because If I want to die all I have to do is go outside and my percentage to die will be so high.
So my fourth wish is to be on the top of the world and stay alive.

I wonder what your wishes for the new year are? are they similar to mine?

Another subject
The connections between all the public telephone switches have been disconnected, that means I can’t call anyone out of my switch, maybe they want to save our money instead of talking in the phone. Yesterday I was going to be crazy when I heard a car bomb exploded in Al-Jadriyah. my husband’s way is through that way. I couldn’t call him to see if he arrived safe, and I couldn’t call my parents to see if they can call him. later I called him by miracle through mobile since the mobile system barely works, and he said that he arrived safe before the explosion happened. This is our life always in suspense. you don’t know where to drive and find a bomb in your way. two days ago my parents were on their way home, a truck stood near one of the ministries and my parents were standing right behind it, my mother was afraid to stand behind a truck but my father couldn’t drive their car and pass it, few seconds there was a high sound of explosion and there was lots of dust, my mother was terrified and she started screaming till she recognized that it was the truck’s tire that was exploded.


10 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Hi Rose. My wish is that Iraqis turn out in very large numbers to vote on January 30 and that one year later you do it again in your first election under the new Iraqi created constitution. I also hope you don't loose access to a computer and that there is enough electricity, at least once a day, for you to keep us up to date. It's the personal stories, like the one you just told, that give us a true understanding of what is happening. I'm really sorry you are experiencing these difficult times, but it really is in your collective hands to beat the odds and emerge victorious. I pray you don't succumb to the fear. Think of the future for the little baby boom.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Greetings,

Usually all a new year brings is new problems. But, let us hope that some of the old problems will be solved.

I would like to post this link here for you and your visitors. I believe it is important to read and understand.

This is a long read, but you owe it to your children and grandchildren to read it and try and understand it. Discuss it with your family, friends and with your government representives. It is that important.

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/006101.php

Here is one paragraph:

"Know that the weakness and powerlessness of the enemy have been exposed. You have heard that they were forced to seek an emergency budget. Their adversities have increased. They have countless problems. Their economy is declining and their dollar is constantly becoming weaker. Their deficit has hit record numbers, and despite that, Bush has signed a bill for an $800 billion debt limit.

As for their inability to provide trained soldiers qualified to fight this fierce war, reports show that 50 percent of soldiers come from units unqualified to fight in this war, such as the US National Guard. This is in addition to their failure in providing alternative military units, which resulted in forfeiting soldiers' leave, thus leading to a rise in suicide rates and psychological illnesses. Iraq has become a cemetery for US mercenaries and the thugs who came with them. So, we express our gratitude and thanks to God".

Please read it and try to understand who and what the enemy is, this is for all the marbles, this is for keeps.

This is my post

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

7:54 AM  
Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Rose, my new years wish is for your new years wish to come true. I am so sorry things are so difficult for you right now.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good post

3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, interesting comments on clickbank exchange link search, can I ask have you actually thoughtof joining an Affiliate scheme and earning shed loads of commission ? No, then why not!! have a look at my site blog about clickbank exchange link search. either that or pop over to http://jayanddeb.reseller.hop.clickbank.net and register with Clickbank then go over to http://www.graburl.com/x.php?ur and start earning money tomorrow !!! Either that or go and vist my Dropship Website at http://dropship.postercash.co.uk/ and set yourself up as an affiliate so you can sell posters and DVDs on Ebay......Good luck and happy Blogging

12:51 PM  
Blogger Leif Wheeler said...

Hello, I really enjoy your blog … I’m going to bookmark it.
Your visitors may also enjoy another site about business loans.
It can be found by clicking here...
application business loan

11:09 AM  
Blogger Leif Wheeler said...

Hey, Great Blog!
Your visitors may also enjoy visiting this site.
working capital requirement

12:01 AM  
Blogger Web Lover said...

Hello, I enjoyed your blog! You have great info here regarding awesome clip art for kid and related items.
Check out my website if you get some time. It is a Preschooler website with information and tips related to awesome clip art for kid and more!
awesome clip art for kid

** Also...Pick up my 'FREE' Fun Ideas & Learning EBook by clicking here!
FREE LEARNING & IDEAS E-BOOK FOR PARENTS & KIDS!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this report is fantastic, the infomation you show us is really interesting and very important. Do you want to see something more? you can visit too: Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: costa rica real estate jaco, jaco beach condo, jaco beach condos. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

9:35 AM  
Blogger osma said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home