Friday, August 20, 2004

Mredi Army*

I do not know if the negotiations will have a positive or negative result but I think they gave Muktada Al-sadr what he wanted, they gave him the fame that he wanted. He is now on almost all news and newspapers headlines and I think he doesn't deserve anything of it.

Many Arabic news channels show him as the hero of Najaf and he is the only one from all the shia's clerics who stands against the occupation strongly. All the people I know from Najaf city are fed up with his militia and what they have done in their city. They said that they are out from our city and they imposed themselves here by power.

I think if Al-sadr controls the situation, it will be worse than in the days of Saddam, at least Saddam won't make us return to dark ages. Al sadr has his own religious court and his own laws and the one who want obey his rules will be punished and maybe whipped. Women are forced to wear head scarf (hijab) and his followers are annoying Christian people in Basra. you can't talk against him in public because his followers are every where and if they heard someone doing so, he will be punished. I heard in the news that his court even had given death penalty against some policemen .

Most of his militia are form the poorest, uneducated low-class shias. Many of them are gangsters and criminals and they did most of looting that had happened after Baghdad failed.

Have you seen any of his spokesmen whose age is above 40, what experience they have to decide the future of the country. I think this militia should be terminated or they will cause problems every now and then.

I blame Iraqi clerics for the way they are dealing with those problems. I am not against them in religious fatwas. They helped a lot in protecting many important places from looting and they helped in returning back many stolen things. They helped a lot in uniting shias and sunis. But I blame them for the last Fatwa they issued against those who will fight against al sadr militia. Why haven’t those clerics issued similar Fatwas when Al mahdi Army attacked police stations and killed many policemen and mutilated them in Najaf. Aren’t those policemen Iraqis working hard to establish peace to our country. If this shrine is holly to them, they can fight outside it and not hide in it.

This is my point of view I wanted to share it with you.

* Mredi is a big place in Al-sadr city were stolen goods are sold.

22 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Najma said...

Welcome to the blogspher.
It's a great blog, and you started it with a courageous start. Good for you. :D

1:24 AM  
Blogger strykeraunt said...

Hi Rose,

I found your link on Najma's site. Thank you for posting such refreshing words. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it is my impression that there are a large number of Iraqi youth who do not receive an education. However, there are also some youth who seem to be highly educated and possess great wisdom for their age. In my opinion, the future education of Iraqi youth will play an important role in the future stability of Iraq. Do you agree with my opinion? There are many other things I would like to say and ask but will remain silent for now and watch your site develop.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Word 101 said...

Rose, as an American who opposed the war with Iraq and who is deeply disturbed by the loss of life on all sides in your country, I would like to know what you think about the war and what you believe to be the average Iraqi's feelings toward it. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to communicate with someone who has been living through this awful time in Bagdhad.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Word 101 said...

Rose, as an American who opposed the war with Iraq and who is deeply disturbed by the loss of life on all sides in your country, I would like to know what you think about the war and what you believe to be the average Iraqi's feelings toward it. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to communicate with someone who has been living through this awful time in Bagdhad.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Word 101 said...

Rose, as an American who opposed the war with Iraq and who is deeply disturbed by the loss of life on all sides in your country, I would like to know what you think about the war and what you believe to be the average Iraqi's feelings toward it. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to communicate with someone who has been living through this awful time in Bagdhad.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Hi Rose,

I found your blog from a post by Najma. I hope you continue writing.

Glad to see another Iraqi woman writing her thoughts.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Scott in oregon said...

Hi Rose!! Just wanted to say hi from Oregon, and let you know that your words are falling on eager ears.... As a civil engineer, is there something you can 'engineer' to make Sadr and his jelly bean brigade act more 'civil'?

If there is stuff you might need to help your blog, just ask. There is a big world out here just waiting to help you....

Scott from Oregon

10:00 AM  
Blogger Thou said...

Rose,

I spend several hours every evening reading news from many sources about the situation in Iraq. I have a degree in International Law and Diplomacy. I have found your blog refreshing and informative.

I was in favor of the American led invasion of your country, it is my hope and prayer that Iraq will be a truly democratic and free nation. I also realize my country has made mistakes, more importantly in providing an enviroment without fear.

It is my belief things will get better, but not without immense struggles.

I will continue to listen. Wish you and your family the best...keep safe!

7:15 PM  
Blogger websoftware said...

 Hi: Just came across your blog. Interesting post and good looking site.

We recently set up a website offering totally free blog and website awards for sites with legal & legal related exceptional content.

No, we are NOT directly selling anything. If you would like to enhance your blog/web site, visit our web site award program web site. blog/website with one of our classy website award graphics! If you are interested, here is the link: http://www.web-site-award-winning.com
**web site award program**

10:04 AM  
Blogger startonline said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! Keep up the great work, and I'll be sure to visit regularly.

I have a business degree law online related site, check it out if you get some time!

Look forward to reading more of your insightful post!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Home Based Business Opportunity said...

I like searching home based business
blogs. They're generally so helpful
like this one. I'll be back soon. My
website is about home based business
Stop in if you like.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mizambar 6294 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! The information and Internet marketing product evaluations that you provide are great for beginner webmasters.

Now, I have a related make money quick site/blog. It pretty much covers make money quick related stuff. In addition, I supply the secrets that I used to make $12,124 from Google Adsense last month.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:39 AM  
Blogger David Pakman said...

Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.

12:21 PM  
Blogger TechDown said...

Hello. Do you know the you can Internet Marketing Plan
online. The internet is the perfect place to find Internet Marketing Plan
. Great blog, keep up the good work.

5:13 PM  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another death essay penalty Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as death essay penalty .

7:15 AM  
Blogger Work From Home Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a work at home site/blog. It pretty much covers work at home related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found your site! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
webmasters make money
It covers webmasters make money related contents.
All the best!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
ways to make money new
It covers ways to make money new related contents.
All the best!

8:24 PM  
Blogger James Baker said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
youth summer jobs
It covers youth summer jobs related contents.
All the best!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Paid Surveys Reviewed said...

Nice blog. I too have a blog about online paid surveys Please visit it and take a look

12:50 PM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional resources for Affiliate Search Engine Marketing
Affiliate Search Engine Marketing if you or your readers are interested

7:13 PM  
Blogger ader45 said...

what's with the mredi army all about...??


advantix for dogs
How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home